Lining, the function of this technique, is the trim used in almost every garment. It is a layer of knitted, woven or non-woven fabric between clothing fabrics. It prepares its shape, strengthens and prevents stretching. Although the interlining is an invisible part of the interior of the garment, its structure and fusion process and the outer shell fabric will affect the seamability, durability, appearance and mechanical properties of the garment. Lining is very important for shaping the shape into detailed areas, such as jackets, collars, lapels, cuffs and pocket flaps. It can stabilize and strengthen areas subject to additional wear and pressure, such as necklines, facings, patch pockets, belts, grids and button holes.
Use of interlining:
1) Thickness, firmness and extra strength to formally look at the shirt collar and cuffs.
2) Provide a strong and thick base for embroidered logos.
3) The lining is soft and elastic and is an insulator, so it can be used for winter coats and pants, and for thicker layers.
4) Use behind thin fabrics to make it thicker and more attractive.
5) Use it behind the embroidery to make the parts look thicker and enhance the appearance.
6) Sewing clothes is easier and faster.
7) The color of the interlining cloth can be selected according to the color of the clothing.
8) Interlining affects the comfort of clothing, which is very important to the wearer.
Interlining category: the surface treatment applied to the manufacturing method and structure of the interlining category. Three main manufacturing techniques are used to make interlinings.
1. Knitting-plain weaving, twill weaving or canvas weaving 2. Knitting-weft knitting or warp knitting 3. Non-woven fabrics-needle punching, spunbonding, thermal bonding, etc.
These interlinings are treated with special coatings, such as water-repellent treatment, hardening treatment, wrinkle-free, and antibacterial treatment to improve the performance of the interlining and clothing functions. Special surface treatment facilitates the commercial washing process of garments. According to embroidery and other purposes, the backing is made of special materials, such as easy to tear or water-soluble (hot or cold), which is convenient for operation and embroidery.